Critical Thinking and Reflection
Module Learning:
I have to be frank; I came into this module with no goals. Having taken multiple critical thinking modules from my previous educational institutions, notably ITE and polytechnic, I felt that it was unnecessary to do the module again. But as the weeks progressed, I realized that there are always new things to learn and take away, such as the Summary Reader Response. This was something that significantly changed my ideals from "I'm just going to slowly go through this module without learning anything" to "I'm going to learn and take something with me." This enabled me to keep a consistent pace with my other subjects, as my previous mentality was just to survive.
According to Brad Blackstone (2024), learning only truly stops when you're dead. From this reference, I agree and should apply this to my mindset, as the critical skill I learned from this module is to always keep learning, no matter what. With the 13th week approaching and the upcoming end of the module, I have improved my English, made new friends and renewed my mind on the approach to my studies
The valuable skills I learned from this module are the use of PEEL, Paul Elder Frameworks, and the use of APA referencing. Coming from an electronics background, my skills were vastly different, where I would use IEEE and Facione Framework. This allowed me a different perspective on how different models are applied in solving real-life solutions and would definitely come in handy in the far future.
Project Learning:
Being paired into an unknown group had some initial challenges, which made me uncertain about how the project would go. With that in mind, I took the initiative to analyze my group members in identifying their weaknesses and strengths. Having planned out what roles were best suited for each member, I suggested their roles, and they were happy with it. This allowed the team to have a strong start in doing the assignments given. Despite not having the role of group leader, I naturally became the person to influence the team's directions and movements. From a group member's perspective, I am happy to have had a positive experience where everyone was cooperative and willing to help finish tasks on time.
The project included the oral presentation, which was the more challenging task. The team was weak in teamwork presentation, as it was heavily reflected during the initial pitch for the oral presentation. However, we managed to scrape up enough time to help each other in its tasks and how we would present. In the end, the oral presentation was successful, and the team was really happy with the results. My personal reflection on the oral presentation was that it was a refreshing experience as I have not presented in more than 3 years. It was a way for me to reset and refresh my skills that would have previously been forgotten. Overall, I had a really positive experience with the module.
Comments
Post a Comment